Sunday, November 30, 2008

Busy Week



For a while I've been excited for this weekend for a long time.  I thought it would be a good chance to relax and catch up on my sleep.  It didn't turn out to be that way.  ON Wednesday the school district had a dinner for all the staff.  There was a talent show.  Among the acts was a native Inpuiat dancing group.  They were descendants of the original settlers of Point Barrow.  Here's a few pictures from it. 

 On Thursday I was in charge of organizing the branch Thanksgiving dinner.  We did it potluck styles and I delegated the cooking of the turkey
s.  I turned out pretty good.  Friday we had a desert and games night at the ward.  Following that I went to the school and spent the night there for a fundraiser for the Jr. Class of which I am a sponsor.  Saturday I went to the annual craft fair here in Barrow.  There is a lot of cool stuff to buy if you have the money and the place to put it.  I spent way to much on a fossilized walrus ivory bracelet.  But, hey, who else will you ever meet that has one.  I can't show the rest, it's  all for Christmas.  It may not be something yo
u'd see advertised on T.V. or for sell in the mall , but I can guarantee you, no one else will buy the same gifts that I did for Christmas.

No comments: