Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tuachan


This week I drove my grandparent down to St. George to see Annie and Footloose at the outdoor Tuachan Amphitheater.   The setting down there is gourgeous.  The back of the stage is the red rock of southern Utah.  It's fun to see the plays under the stars. 
We attended the first performance of both.  Annie was pretty good.  I have to admit though that I was more impressed with Molly than Annie.   She was just a lot more animated and stayed in character the whole time.  Footloose was also good.  The dancing was great.  It's funny how much they change the movies when they make them into musicals.  I guess I can understand because they cannot do all the same things on stage that they can in a movie.  Even with the changes, they were good.   Overall, the trip down there to see the plays is worth it.  I miss being able to see things like that in Barrow.

No comments: