Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Battle of the Books

This year I coached the Battle of the Books teams here are Barrow High School.  If you don't know what Battle of the Books is, here's a short summary of it.  Prior to this competition students have to read 12 books.  During the competition students are asked in which book a certain thing happens in.  For instance, in which book does a character wear white pajamas?  The students then have to give the title and author of the book where that occurs.  This year my teams took second and forth place in the district.  Not as well as I hoped, but they tried.  I have to admit at times I was cringing when the gave their answers, because I knew they were wrong.  But they had fun, and I did too.  One month and they can start reading for next year.  Here are some pictures of my teams in action.

1 comment:

The Sanders Family said...

Does this mean you read all of the 12 book also? I think I've read 12 books this year, but all on Amanda's level.