Sunday, May 17, 2009

Chug

As a teacher you think I would be a good role model and encourage my students to do appropriate things.  That is unless you actually know me.  Last week, my students received a pizza party as a result of a state survey that they completed.    We had a lot of pop left over and I happened to suggest to the boys that they have a contest to see who could chug a can of pop the quickest.  Well, the record was 5.6 seconds, set by the boy you can see drinking.  The one in the background did 5.9.  I have to admit that even though I encouraged it, watching it made me a little sick.  I guess I haven't changed that much.  It's a good thing I don't have to be responsible all the time to be a teacher.   
Ok, so maybe it wasn't the best idea.  At least I got my entertainment for the day.




1 comment:

Missy said...

Nice to see that the Alaska tax payers dollars are going toward a good education. Hopefully these kids can get the fastest chug award. Then they can dedicate it to the one teacher that help them realize their potential. Ms. Gillis. I hope this doesn't come across as mean...... Just an attempt at humor.........