Sunday, April 12, 2009

Prom

Why in the world would anyone think that I would be a good choice to be the advisor in charge of prom is beyond be.   I think I went to one dance total in all my high school years.  I don't dance, I don't decorate, and I really don't care about prom.  Well, as the Junior Class advisor it was one of my duties this year to plan prom.  Luckily, I have a co-advisor who loves dances, but isn't too much of an organizer.   Between the two of us I think we pulled off an OK prom. This year's theme was called Midnight Masquerade.  It was Mardi Gras inspired theme.  

              Daniel & Savannah

We spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday decorating.  Thursday I got home from school at 10:30, Friday at about midnight and was there pretty much from 10-1 am Saturday.  

Olivia & Zsa Zsa



 
After all the
 decorating, problems, and hassle, I think it turned out OK.  At least the students looked
 like they had fun at  the prom.  Here are some pictures of what it looked like before the prom.











Here is the arch for pictures.  Didn't I do a great job!  It's a good thing I know how to use duct tape.  That's the only thing keeping it upright.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Looks like you did a great job on decorating. If you get tired of teaching maybe you can be a party planner?

The Sanders Family said...

Wow! Look at you. I'm glad that wasn't my job. The Activities committee was not my favorite calling. You'll be here over the summer for Amanda's b-day...